Solidarity with Human Rights Lawyers
The European Democratic Lawyers (AED-EDL), the European Association of Lawyers for Democracy & World Human Rights (ELDH) and the European Bar Human Rights Institute (IDHAE) today calls for greater public awareness of the severe situation facing lawyers in the Philippines.
The Lawyers, Conflict & Transition project examines, inter alia, the experience of human rights lawyers in situations of conflict and transition around the world.
We will shortly publish (via this website and other dissemination strategies) the first of our project outputs – a series of practical research papers designed to benefit human rights lawyers and other practitioners.
- Transitional Justice Challenges Facing Lawyers in Cambodia, Chile, Israel, Palestine, Tunisia & South Africa
- The Protection of Lawyers in Situations of Conflict & Transition
- The Implications of Boycotting Legal Proceedings
- Strategies of Resistance Employed by Political Prisoners & their Impact on the Legal Profession
- The Role and Agency of Lawyers in Truth Recovery Mechanisms
- The Function of Legal Collectives in Situations of Conflict & Transition
- The Effectiveness of International Lawyers in Rule of Law and Transitional Justice Projects